Thursday, October 28, 2010

It's Been a While, Here is Why

So, I think I have lost anything near the status of "blogger" I may have had before. I haven't even logged into my account for nearly two months. Here's why;

As I said in previous posts, I no longer have a job. I thought that was going to free up my time and brain to write tons and tons of awesome posts. Well, something else replaced the parts of my brain that work use to occupy. My grandmother.

My Nanny was put on hospice months ago. It was nothing urgent, as in you have two weeks. We were told it could be years but the doctors determined that COPD was going to eventually take her life so arrangements were made so that passing could happen at home. The word "hospice" was unsettling but not yet upsetting. However, about a month ago Nanny fell in the middle of the night and smacked her elbow. Now, if you have lost an elderly person you know something as slight as a smacked elbow can turn everything on its end. After her fall her health began deteriorating fast. It was established that she couldn't be home alone. My unemployment quickly became a blessing. My mom needed help, I became official errand runner. But more importantly I was able to spend a lot of time with my grandmother that I wouldn't have had I had a job. Nanny passed away last week and her service was this past Monday.

All this to say; my mind has been mostly occupied with that part of my life and I knew no one wanted to hear the tiny details of my grandmother's health. So I stayed away from the interwebs until I had something else to say.

I still don't have a ton to say but I'm sticking my foot back in the door. In other news, I'm finally starting to look into getting a new job. That's right, I haven't really been looking for a job. Along with being the family errand runner I have spent my time organizing junk in my house. When you become unemployed you think "wow, what am I going to do with myself?" Well, let me tell you, all the crap projects you thought before "I would clean that up/organize it if I had more time" start staring you in the face. I actually made a list to keep it all straight. Today I rearranged our pantry. Woohoo!

I have no clue what I want to do work wise in the future but it's time to get on that horse and figure it out. If nothing else I am no longer in the mood to convince the Dingo, a man that does not nor has ever owned a hairbush, that a $40 hair cut is an absolutely necessary expense. Don't even get me started on the Starbucks conversations. He wins every time with "You don't even drink caffeine." This is not a valid excuse for the fact that I have yet to have a Pumpkin Spiced Latte!

All right, that's all for now. I'm going to be around more in the future. Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment