Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Oh hey!

Hey! Its been a while huh? So since the last time I posted I spent a lot more time without a job then I expected. I had a bunch of interviews that didn't turn out. But mostly (and I didn't realize this) I had forgotten that working can actually be a great thing. Long story short, some situations at my last place of employment made me forget that work can actually be great for me (please remind me of that at 7 am tomorrow). I am not raising a child so there have been no updates about what some cute little crumb snatcher is up to and a blog does not survive on details about the laundry I did or the 8,000th time I watched an episode of Seinfeld. Hence radio silence. But a good friend (SC) encouraged me to come back here and I appreciate the encouragement. So here is the run down... It finally came time to admit I needed to enter life again. I went with a job placement agency and almost immediately got placed at a job. I have a rule about not giving the specifics of work and this job is no different. I'll say this; I pay people. Lots of them. In four states. It is a bit overwhelming but WOW, I am a total junky for the success I feel at work again. I had completely forgotten how great it is to do a job well done. I will say I work in downtown Memphis. This creates stories on its own and I will catch you up on those in time (think monster trucks outside my office on a Friday). This also means I walk two blocks from my car to my office and back. NOT COOL. But I work in this cool, renovated building and have my own office which makes me feel important and what not. I still jack stuff up but I'm getting better. It has been so much to learn but a lot of happy dances have happened because "holy crap! I've got this!" The Dingo and I have gotten married since the last post which makes the Dingo joke obsolete. May I introduce you to Matt? My husband. I'm Nik or Nikki D (no, the D does not stand for doodle). I plan on coming back here more often from now on. Thanks SC for wanting to know the randomness that is going on in my life! And anyone else that reads this. Loves! P.S. Matt just got up and got himself something out of the kitchen without asking me to do it! If you know us you understand that is CRAZY!

1 comment: