Friday, July 16, 2010

Folders From Hell

So work followed me home for the weekend. Not in a cute puppy, Dingo, can I keep him way. More like that creepy guy that follows you a little too closely in an alley. He probably won't hurt you but he will make you really nervous in the meantime. I've coordinated travel for seven different people, some of whom are my boss's boss. And guess when they are traveling...SUNDAY. As in, I'm not in my office with my computer and the company network WHERE ALL DIGITAL FILES ARE SAVED. So I brought home a huge physical file that is sitting in my foyer quickening its pace as I quicken mine (is there a police dispatch line for creepy alley folders?). I'm convinced it is going to crawl under my bed and grab my ankles in the morning. Seriously, if I make it through Sunday without a phone call from someone who is freaking out because they have just landed in Pakistan I will call it a good week. And yes, I did just email my boss on a Friday night to ask about rental cars. This may take a few years off my life.

In other news, I'm a lazy ass. I have not cooked a single thing in over a week. And it has been WONDERFUL. I really needed I break and now I am fully pumped to fry the Ripley green tomatoes that I bought recently.

Saturday funday may be a little boring. Plans are to sleep until I can't sleep anymore. Then I may get a pedicure. Then I may go buy the Dingo a food dehydrator for his birthday (because I am romantic like that). So basically Saturday is The Nothingness but not in the scary way like in Neverending Story. Maybe I will try fluffing up doggy Arleen and calling her Falcor for the day just to be safe.

That's all for now. Please check the blog Sunday and if you see only cuss words and nonsensical randomness (more than usual) please send help. The FOLDER had gotten me.

No comments:

Post a Comment