Thursday, July 15, 2010

Who Wears Short Shorts?

ME! I currently have on the shortest shorts that I own and one of the Dingo's t-shirts so it will be lose and not touch me. Why? Because it is freaking hot in Memphis. I know, I know, that is the mantra of the city this time of year. We all state the obvious over and over and over and over. It's hard to think about much else when your brain is melting faster than the ice you just took out of the freezer...oh, it's water now, sorry.

Another nice thing about the heat, aside from the brain melting, is OMG I am so tired. Actually that isn't totally fair. Mostly I'm just mad at the air and blaming it. However, I had a super busy day at work. One in which I spent the whole day carrying and packing big ole boxes and then crawling on, around and between them trying to label and number them. Think of moving except you don't get to go to a fresh, new, shiny place after you're done. Nope, you get to go home to a dirty house and the challenge of what's for dinner. Oh yeah, and you have to get their via the Mojave desert. Is it bedtime yet?


I think doggy Arleen has the right idea.

So yeah, Chinese food delivery guy, sorry. You will be traveling to my house this evening. Just take a left after the cactus and beware the snakes. I hear they have big ones out here in the desert.

Another thing that has arrived in our lives are fireflies. I mean SWARMS of fireflies in our back yard. Around dusk there have been hundreds just hanging out in one area of our back yard. Never seen anything like it. Anyone know why this occurs?

No comments:

Post a Comment