Friday, July 2, 2010

We Covered This

The Dingo asked for beef tips and rice the other night so I decided I had time to cook it tonight. However, I'm not a huge fan of rice so I bought egg noodles with the knowledge that we had minute rice at home that I could cook for him. The following convo ensued:

Doodle: Dingo, I'm cooking egg noodles because I don't like rice. Do you want me to cook you some minute rice? It won't be a problem.

Dingo: I don't care. Either is fine.

So, I hand him his plate of beef tips and noodles (if he doesn't care I'm not going to waste the rice.) I hand him his food:

Doodle: How is it?

Dingo: Really good....I would have rather had it on rice.

Doodle: Seriously?! What happened to I don't care?

And so goes the life of a short order cook.
P.S. Why are they called beef tips? That sounds so unappetizing. I'm going to have to think of something else to call it if I am going to cook it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment