Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I Gotta Pickle Hay Hay Hay Hay

So the birthday weekend recap is going to have to wait. It is taking crazy, calm down, effort for me to sit and write this now. I will say that the bday loot was so awesome that part of the craziness is me trying to get all my new clothes and shoes organized. Yep, my parents are enablers of my clothes and shoe hoarding and always give me great stuff that I depend on for my birthday and Christmas. The Dingo can deal with the clothes but there was an eye roll or two over the shoes. He doesn't accept that if we have to buy another house just for my shoes then that is just what is going to have to happen.

Oh! and quick note regarding clothes. One of my gifts was a gift certificate to Crazy Beautiful, one of my favorite boutiques in Memphis. It is in the U of M area (off Walker, next to Garibaldis) and the selection and pricing is to die for. I went in there Friday with my gift card and everything was 40% off. Are you kidding me?! I went nuts.

However, our subject for the evening is pickles. Yeah, I'm about to write a blog post on pickles. Get ready.

I'm an odd snacker. I have a habit of forgetting to eat full meals throughout the day and am starving when I get home, before I cook dinner. The things I buy to fend off hunger for a bit is always totally random...and often pickled. One of my favorites is spicy pickled okra. I have been getting burnt out on them though so at the store last night I decided to buy Best Choice's new "zesty pickles." Dude. Someone needs to write Best Choice's marketing department and inform them that "zesty" and "grenade launcher" are not synonyms.

Don't get me wrong, I love spicy food and these pickles are awesome, but I was not expecting what I bit into. The basic initial reaction is to run circles through my kitchen screaming "my face is going to melt off" while continuing to eat because...well...it was a melt your face off good pickle. I continue to regularly hover over my sink sniffling over the jar (you want to share now don't you?). I definitely recommend them. (And if you have had Wickles Pickles, they got nothing on these. They are great right? But not grenade launching good.)

So, yeah, pickles. On another note, and Kat this is for you :), the iPhone 4 I got for my birthday is soooo cool. The screen is brighter, it works super fast, battery life is holding in there and the camera (both video and picture) is brilliant. I will upload some video as soon as I get a chance. Maybe you'll get to meet the Dingo or maybe doggy Arleen. Stay tuned. Also, the Dingo is able to use my 3G so everything worked out for everyone.

I'm off to eat a pickle. Later taters!

2 comments:

  1. i dowloaded the update for the 3g and its AWWWWFULLLL....i even restored my phone and the stupid update is still on there :( i am convinced they do this so we will want the 4g! grrrr...
    but enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks. The Dingo jail broke my 3G and is using it but it's really slow. Didn't know if it was the update or what. Is yours slow? Updates are always a pain. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete