Monday, June 7, 2010

Dingo and Doodle Saturday Fun: Episode 7

Ok, so I am going to jump on the day's bandwagon and blog about the same thing every other person is blogging/twittering/updating about, the iPhone 4. It has way cool stuff on it. And I am still on the 3G, not the 3Gs, so I am kind of leaning towards NEEDDING it. It also comes out on my birthday. That means it's fate right? Right?! So, now I am trying to decide if I ask for it for my birthday instead of the necklace of about the same cost that I have been asking for. Or, just wait for the Dingo to want to play with one so badly he breaks down and buys it for me. I totally get the issues people have with AT&T. However, the exclusivity of iPhone and AT&T works to my benefit. The Dingo has a work phone that is not an AT&T phone and doesn't have a data plan. We can't justify paying another phone bill just so he can play with a phone. So, he has to use mine. I think it's time to start really talking up this new phone to see if I can get him to buy me one. The video stuff is just way too much to resist.

Now that I have made your eyes bleed with the 8,00000000th time you have read about the iPhone today we will move on to the weekend recap. Friday we stayed home. Nothing interesting. Saturday we ran some errands including swinging by a friend's house in the Cooper Young area. Since the Dingo and I hadn't eaten yet, the three of us ended up down the street at Celtic Crossing. Since said friend is nicknamed the human garbage disposal, he ate also. (We are great meal companions, I never finish my food and he eats EVERYTHING.) It was Oysterfest at Celtic which was confusing to me. First, you aren't supposed to eat raw oysters in months that don't have an R in the spelling. Second, have you read the news lately? Gas flavored seafood is not currently on my to do list. The waitress promised us they were from the Texas coast (we got there too late and they were out of the ones shipped in from Ireland) but we chose to refrain anyway. The Dingo still got fish and chips, I stuck with turkey, which was a little disappointed in comparison to their usually awesome food. But the menu was mostly seafood due to the festival so my choices were limited. It was fun seeing MJ for the first time in a long time. Hopefully we will get to see him more often again since his schedule has recently opened up.

Yesterday I literally pestered the Dingo until he agreed to go to the grocery store with me to decide what we wanted to eat. I spotted raw peanuts and decided to try boiling peanuts. Now, this is not something I have every done or seen done. In fact, I had never eaten them before hitching my wagon to a Mississippi boy. So mostly the situation was me buying peanuts and telling the Dingo to figure out what to do with them. Well, he over did the hot seasoning called Slap Your Momma and OMG it was like mouth death in a fiery explosion. Oh, and the house while that stuff boiled was so hazy with hot seasoning both of our eyes were burning. We probably won't be attempting that again, at least not indoors. Either way, between all the time and tears the peanuts caused, we never grilled the dinner we bought. So we are doing that tonight. Yay for not having to do much!

As for today the Dingo was home sick. Neither of us have been feeling well but I don't know of many people that are feeling great this time of year. I couldn't afford to stay home due to a huge project do this week so last night I took a toxic amount of antibiotics and suffered through a soar throat all day. Plans for tomorrow are the same.

Well, the Dingo just pulled dinner off the grill. I refuse to share what we are eating for the sake of not showing you how often we eat the same thing over and over.

No comments:

Post a Comment