Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Holiday Fun

The long weekend was nice. The big news is, I found a wedding dress! And the bridesmaid dresses. I feel really good about having this step behind me and, needless to say, I love the dress. I also love the bridesmaid dresses. I plan on having a second white dress in case I want to go out after the reception. One of my best friends told me that she really regretted that she was unable to spend more time with all the people that were there for her wedding. And since almost our entire wedding party is from out of town I want to have the option of spending the most time possible with them all if I'm not totally worn out. That being said, I actually like the bridesmaid dresses so much I may order one in white. We will see. I have plenty of time to think about that.

That was Saturday. On Sunday my sister had a party at my parents' house (they have an awesome pool) so we went there. We didn't know a lot of people so the Dingo and I ended up sitting at the top of the deck (next to the beer bucket) with my dad. It was really fun and nice spending time with my dad for the first time in a while. I still claim that my family likes the Dingo more than me. I think my dad is just thrilled with a little testosterone around for once. I only took my cover up off once and that was to see if the rust spot in the pool was a pipe hitting the surface or not. What can I say? The man raised me, and he and my mother spoiled me. He says go step on that spot and I go. I've gotta earn that jewelry right?

Monday was just me and the Dingo. We grilled ribs...again. This time I was more hands off. Mine were tough the last time and I didn't want to take blame this time. They were pretty good. I went to bed super early because my allergies were bothering me and I had to go to work today. I say that because the Dingo didn't work today. Lucky! Instead he was calling me at work at 10 am asking if I would like Monopoly for the Wii. He is always trying to get me to play that thing and I always go back to wanting to play bowling. Why mess with a good thing?

So tonight we grilled steaks...again. By we, I mean the Dingo. It was his idea and I didn't argue. We are also watching America's Got Talent. Never seen it before. It's seeming like a freak fest so far. But with the holiday this week I think this is our best bet. Oh good grief! Some dude just jammed a coil through his nose. It may not be the best bet after all. Nick Cannon is shockingly funny though.

The Dingo is currently sitting in the backyard talking to our neighbor. It's awesome to have cool neighbors, two brothers around our age. They are super nice guys and great new friends. I guess I will wonder around until they are done chatting. Tomorrow is back to the normal grind. Both of us at work and doggy Arleen at her granny's. Oh! Speaking of Granny. She was supposed to get a new Mac today because her's "hasn't been working." I have every intention of taking the old one and getting one of my tech-savvy friends to get it working again. Yay! This means I may be a Mac again soon. The transition to a PC has taken a toll on me even though it's a great computer and I thank the dad Dingo for giving it to me.

And to finish off your Tuesday post holiday, here is a loving conversation held by the Dingo and I this evening;

(The DVR popped up the screen asking if we want to keep watching the channel we are on and cancel one of the following; Myth Busters or Glee.)

Doodle: Dude! If you cancel Glee I will cancel your face!
Dingo: You get psycho over the weirdest things. Isn't the season over anyway?
Doodle: Cancel it and see what happens.

I'm a sweety aint I?

No comments:

Post a Comment