Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Day Dad!

About to walk out the door for Father's Day dinner. Not carrying with me the best gift ever but damn that man is hard to buy for! The sis and I came up with the best we could, WE are going to pay for dinner. It is unfair that he has been buying himself dinner on fathers' day and his birthday for so many years. He is a great dad and in many ways one of my best friends, I'm fortunate to have that with both my parents. It sounds silly but because we are so so so much alike, he is one of the few people that "gets me." A lot of my quirks and habits are exact replicas of his own. So I find a friend in the other person that dislikes being hugged often and is so annoyed with the question "what's been going on?". The list of OCD things I have in common with that man is to long to list. The Dingo has seen many of them. I'm very much like my mother also. I am the polly-anna that she has given me but I'm also the bear that he has. I treasure both of those traits.


So happy day Dad! And I'm still sorry for the year I attempted to call you Papa and made you feel, as you said, like a character in Fivel The Mouse. Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment