Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Stop Being a Pest!

The Dingo and I were hanging out with a friend recently when I confessed that I have finally started a blog. He asked what I write about. Before I could answer the Dingo stated, "Me! She writes about me and any stupid thing that I do!" I had to admit, I do hear the Dingo say something or do something funny and immediately think blog post. So, as a gift to the Dingo and in honor of it being super hot, I will give you a The Dingo is a Genius story.

We own an old home, I think it was built in 1949. The air unit isn't very new either. After we moved in and it started to warm up outside we discovered the AC didn't work so well...or at all at times. Blessed with a home warranty (if you buy a house make sure you get one in the deal!) we were able to have several visits from HVAC people until we figured out what was going on. Well, whenever a service guy was here the Dingo would hover over his shoulder as he worked. At some point I told him to he was being "that guy" and stop being such a pest, let the dude do his job. A few months later, right at the moment the home warranty expired, I came home to a burning up house.

I was totally pissed thinking great, this is going to cost us. However, the Dingo came home, grabbed that electric screw-driver thingy and went out to the unit (oh, and it was raining). A few minutes later the Dingo came back inside and said he knew what to do, that he had watched the technician do it. He ran to Lowes and $3 for a piece of sand paper later we had cold air. I had to apologize for every time I had called him a pest and promise to never do it again. He has also fixed the dish washer, wired the water source to the ice maker and installed a surround sound, including running the wires down from the attic. He is pretty handy and quick to learn if he doesn't already know. This is why I keep him around ;) I do have to mention that I once fixed the toilet with a piece of hot pink curling ribbon. And then I have to mention that he had to re-fix it a couple of months later.

Now, I must say that when I write the official name of an establishment in my posts it is by no means in hopes that I get something free, and I never have. But Train HVAC, I would totally take a free new package unit! (Sorry, those things are pricey, had to give it a shot.)

So there, the Dingo is a hero. I said it. Other than that, it has been a crazy bananas week at work. I'm decidedly the least athletic person ever and this week of every year is always physically challenging. It would take way to long to explain how a copy writer could be physically challenged at work so I will just let that prove the bad shape that I am in. For the most part tomorrow is the home stretch. This Friday afternoon will be the best one of the year as this is annually the hardest week of the year. I will not only be finished with my work week, I will get to take a deep breath and yell DONE! Can't wait. Let's just hope my brain doesn't ooze out of my ears before that.

No comments:

Post a Comment