Thursday, May 27, 2010

Goal!

So I met my goal plus one. I made a hair appointment today AND got it cut today. They stay later on Thursdays and had an opening so it was either go today or wait a week. I was afraid I would lose my determination over a week so I jumped on the chance.

I have been extremely apathetic about my hair for a long time now. A stylist that I trusted, even drove to Memphis from Oxford when I was in college to see him, totally screwed up my hair. By screw up I mean he cut at least four or five more inches than I wanted off of my hair. This left my round head looking just plain fat. So, since then I only got trims in order to grow it out and the habit stuck. I've had my hair all one length and just maintained with trims. I recently came to the conclusion that it's time to get back in the game. Since I was stylist-less I had to choose a new place to try. I chose Master Design.

I went there a long time ago because of a Christmas gift from my sister and liked the place and people. Plus, it's close to my parents' house so it was convenient to go before picking up doggy Arleen after work. And I must say, I loved it. (Note: I didn't ask for a specific stylist and certainly no one knew I write a blog so this is completely unbiased.) The stylist was incredible. I had totally forgotten what it is like to have someone concerned about the quality of their own work and how it looks on me. I got Jennifer and will for sure see her again. She was meticulous. I've always hated getting my hair washed whereas my mom says that is her favorite part of getting her hair cut. But it's always uncomfortable for me. Today it was actually enjoyable, like she was purposely making it a nice part of the experience, and I was incredibly sleepy after. The technique that she used to cut my hair was cool too. And my hair turned out great. She actually seemed a little frustrated/disappointed when I told her not to dry and style my hair. I felt it wasn't a good use of either of our time since I was going straight home to put on pajamas, cook burritos and watch tv. She honored my request and didn't blow dry it but couldn't resist styling it curly anyway. I guess she really wanted to follow through with her work and I fully respect that. It was a great experience and I will definitely be going back to her. You should give her a try if you are looking for a new, trustworthy place and person. You can see her stuff at www.jennifertune.com. And bridesmaids, I hope you like her stuff, she will most likely be the one on hand if you want your hair done for the wedding.

Tomorrow is Fun Day at The Company. That means a three hour lunch and grilling out. It should make for a fun Friday. We got an email today that we can wear shorts but I'm pretty sure the ones I own are a bit short for even a relaxed work day at a conservative company (no, they aren't slutty but they are above mid thigh.)

The Dingo just yelled across the room, "You're writing about me aren't you?!" Well, I wasn't but I guess now I will. Dingo, Dingo, Dingo, Dingo. That's all I've got.

No comments:

Post a Comment