Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Minute to Win It

Dude! So the Dingo and I don't really have any favorite shows that come on on Wednesday but tonight we stumbled on Minute to Win It. The Dingo turned it on because of my love/hate relationship with Guy Fieri. (I love his shows but the bleached hair and him saying he has to "de-bling" made him hard to warm up to.) This show is awesome! Engaged couples compete in a series of 60 second challenges made up with household items to earn money for their wedding. And these things get intense! I'm obsessed. The challenges actually look really hard.

The dangerous part is that the challenges are made with, like I said, household items. Which means you can do it at home! The Dingo and I just went outside to play Shoe Fly using our porch bistro table. In the Shoe Fly challenge you have to stand 9 feet from a small table, kick your shoe off and land it on the small table. The Dingo got it on the first try, I got it on the second. But I think our table is larger and lower than the one on the show so we may not be champions. I totally want to try the challenge where you have to move an egg across the room balanced on two strings. Lucky for the Dingo we have eggs but no string. I'll tell you one thing though, the next party we have I am totally setting up Blow the Joker. You put a stack of playing cards on top of a glass bottle and have to blow off every card except the very last one, the Joker. Dude lost doing it tonight and it seems impossible. I can see it being addicting. Love it! I'm kind of glad we have neither playing cards or a glass bottle. I probably wouldn't sleep tonight trying to get it right.

We picked dinner up from Buffalo Wild Wings. This means I should have been really productive with my spare time not cooking dinner but I wasn't. I watched tv and argued with the Dingo that I could totally balance 7 snack cakes on my forehead (another challenge on the show). Again, lucky for us, we have no snack cakes.

I failed to meet my goal today of making a hair appointment. I got busy and totally forgot until late today and at that point I was to burnt out to deal with it. The goal is moving to tomorrow. If I don't get this done by the end of the week someone needs to slap me on the wrist. We'll wait until next week for the slap in the face.

I really need to move the bag of pistachios away from my computer before I eat my weight in them. Every blog post leaves behind a pile of shells. Not good. But so good.

1 comment:

  1. my bff is hosting a "min to win it" bday party for her hubby this wknd! I can't go but will send your spirit in my place:)

    ReplyDelete