Tuesday, May 4, 2010

It's Hot in Here!

I've been a little absent from here the past few days. I spent a lot of time with the little brother and D this weekend and since I rarely see him I wanted to focus my attention in that direction and not my laptop. To top off the fun weekend, the sister Dingo was in town for Music Fest but decided to skip it Sunday and spend some time with us. It was an all around good and busy weekend.

It's starting to feel "hot" in our great city. I put that in quotes because a month from now this is going to feel like nothing. I, however, always have a hard time adjusting to the warmer weather. Today I decided to totally lose my mind because it was mildly warm. I drove all the way home to change out of jeans into slacks because I was DIEING! Either I'm a delicate flower that can't handle the weather I grew up living in or my brain will focus on anything except for work some days. I think today was the latter. Write a press release or whine to a coworker via IM that I am so freaking hot? I did finally get some work done after the costume change.

My mom is out of town this week so doggy Arleen has had to spend her days stuck in our house and not at Spa de Granny so tonight I walked her after work. The Dingo got home while we were out and was in the front yard getting ready to mow as we rounded the corner into our cove. At the sight of us he busted out laughing. I don't know if it was that I was actually outside and moving around, the fact that I was dressed to go for a jog only to trudge behind my slow, 115 pound dog, or that I was wearing his giant aviator sunglasses. I'm thinking all of the above. (Side note: I knew he was about to get home and left the door unlocked but didn't tell him we were going out. When I got home he said, I was wondering where the heck you were! Well, thanks for all that worry Dingo because I had my phone but got no call. My fiance and dog are missing, her car's here and she never leaves the door unlocked. That's weird. Oh well, I guess I'll just wait. Thanks for the concern Dingo. Haha)

The Dingo is making me help with laundry tonight. GRRRR. I hate hate hate laundry. It makes me want to hurt someone. I guess I'll go get this over with. Hopefully tomorrow's post will be more interesting since the Dingo won't be singing about doing laundry. I can't concentrate right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment