Thursday, May 6, 2010

Sinner Sinner Go Cook Dinner



This week, as I mentioned, my mom is out of town so doggie Arleen has been stuck in our house all day. So I have been walking her when I get home from work. I've been pleasantly surprised that these sticks that hang from my hips while I sit on the couch are actually capable of this thing they call exercise. Go figure. Don't get me wrong, I use to run, ride a stationary bike or do yoga. But in the past two years any form of exercise has gone down to me doing a couple of sit ups on a fat day.

I think I enjoy our walk as much as Arleen does. The weather is nice and we live in a neighborhood that I love. However, my lack of laziness, or sloth if you may, has brought on a new problem...coveting. As we walk our route I'm staring at the houses I pass. Why does that person get an Audi and I drive a 10 year old Jeep? Wow, that is a pretty porch swing, I wish we had a porch swing. Ooooh! Hammock! I NEEEDDD a hammock. I've chosen to call this admiration instead of WANT WANT WANT! I really do need that hammock though.

The Dingo is out back making our yard look nicer. He has covered out nasty looking flower bed with pine chips and made it look pretty. This is Pheobe, my hydragea that I got for mother's day last year (I'm a doggy mom, it counts.)


It's blurry. I was in a hurry to get back inside before the Dingo asked me to help in the yard. But as you can see, she is not dead. Go me! She actually has the beginning of blooms. I can't wait. And I love how some pine flakes made it look like we actually tend to the garden other than just planting gifts. The Dingo doesn't send me flowers, he sends me plants. I love this because they last and we get to watch them grow. I have a rose bush from valentines day that will find her home in the yard this weekend.

On a final note, I just got a call from a friend who is in the emergency vet with her doggy after a botched neutering. I'm sure he will be totally fine but please say a prayer for MC and Bear. And maybe another one for the vet who is going to get an ear full tomorrow. Pretty sure he may be in for a bad day. I know he would be if it were Arleen.

No comments:

Post a Comment