Monday, May 10, 2010

Dingo and Doodle Sat. Fun: Episode 5

The Saturday update is delayed again. I don't have a good excuse but I do have a good story.

The Dingo and I didn't share all of our adventures Saturday. He rented a video game and focused on that while I went to visit my grandmother. Afterwards I drove by the place I have always thought I wanted for my reception. I was so frustrated that the Dingo wasn't with me because it was all set up for a wedding, tent and all, but no guests were there yet. I took what was a less than stellar picture that was totally pointless because the Dingo has driven by the site before. Anyway, I came home and regaled him with my pictures before suggesting we run by another venue we have considered. Either out of laziness or love the Dingo made the argument, six years ago you said you wanted to have it at this spot. Why, now that we are actually planning, are you questioning that decision? Good point Dingo. So it is done. The Dingo/Doodle reception will be at Le Pavillion. We haven't informed them of that yet but it's in the plans. One more decision made.

Anyway, that wasn't the fun story. The fun part starts when the Dingo decided he is 80 years old and we needed to go to dinner at 5pm. We decided on a mexican place near by and headed that way. While stopped at a light (highland and poplar) a police car cut on it's lights and intermediately blared his siren. Confused we pulled into the nearby parking lot. However, police dude did not follow. Ok then, maybe he wasn't flashing us. So we move on to the mexican place at which point said police dude pulls into the parking lot and parks next to the Dingo's car. At this point we are both thinking OMG did they hunt us down here? Nope. They just happen to be eating there. (There is no chemical or criminal reason for our paranoia but weird crap like this happens to us.)

After sitting at Mexican Restaurant That Shall Not Be Named for 30 minutes (!) without anyone taking our drink order we decided to move on to another place and try our luck there. We went to a trusty favorite, El Porton, and the service was polite and super fast. However, as we sit there eating, at least six Shelby County Sheriffs walk through the door. At this point we are thinking, holy crap are we like the Bonnie and Clyde of Mexican food?! The amount of officers in this outing is getting crazy. Well, turns out that the Sheriffs weren't their for Dingo and Doodle the renegade diners. They were guarding PRISONERS! Does anyone know how this works? There were about 10 people at a table enjoying an afternoon of enchiladas while sheriffs watched on from surrounding tables. Weirdest thing ever. So much so that a waiter walked up to our table and whispered, "are those prisoners?!" They looked like perfectly safe people, maybe mildly criminal people. I'm just totally confused about what good deed an incarcerated person does in a day that warrants a trip out for some cheese dip. If anyone knows I would be happy to learn.

So that was our Saturday. Yesterday we enjoyed Mother's Day with all you can eat crab legs and family. Thanks to L I was one half giver of a nice gift for my mom that I otherwise wouldn't have been able to buy. Thanks L!

No comments:

Post a Comment