Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Cat Poop is Not a Pine Cone



While in the kitchen earlier the Dingo came in and washed his hands for the FOURTH time in the hour that he had been home.

Doodle: What is the deal with you washing your hands so much?
Dingo: I just picked up cat poop (Note: Again, we do not have cats.)
Doodle: Why on earth did you pick up cat poop?!
Dingo: I thought it was a pine cone at first.
Doodle: What kind of cat has pine cone looking poop?

Needless to say there was no response to that question.

I talked to the Dingo on the way home from work and asked my usual question, "what do you want for dinner?" He usually doesn't know what he wants and I get frustrated and wait to get home to decide. However, tonight he quickly said, "steak sounds really good! I'll stop at the store and pick some up." This is a win for two reasons. The first being that I didn't have to make my daily trip to the store down the street. (High Point Grocery has a great butcher department btw.)

The second win was that I get to eat steak! And I don't use the grill so the Dingo is cooking it. (I guess that is actually three wins.) The Dingo and I are big red meat eaters. LG spent many a dinner with us in college asking if we ever order anything but steak. Not really. I've offended someone haven't I? Sorry, I'm a meat eater, and I get an excuse. I am anemic but don't take the supplements I'm supposed to. This allows me to claim I've been sluggish and cranky lately so I'm totally justified in eating a steak. This is not dietary excellence, I know. No lectures please. Also, my father, if he reads this blog, and I don't think he does, would be screaming HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE right now. I don't have that problem but he is sure I will some day.

If you know me at all you can guess which is mine. The one on the right. While I am a huge fan of cooking, I don't eat that much in one sitting. I honestly just get bored with it. So as usual the Dingo portion is three times the size of mine. All that junk (seasoning) you see on it is the Dingo's doing. My hands were busy texting and by the time I checked in on him this had happened. I'm more of a purest about steaks but I am sure these will be good.

The Dingo just informed me that my steak is ready. His mammoth meat chunk is still cooking so mine is abiding in the microwave. They say you are supposed to let it sit anyway.

Did I just write an entire blog post dedicated to cat poop and steak? Yes, yes I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment