Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Dingo the Dish-washing Olympian


I'm not sure if I'm terrible at loading the dishwasher or if this is legitimate fact but I am convinced that men are better at loading the dishwasher than women. As a kid one of my chores was to do the dishes after dinner. Without fail my father would come behind me and reload it "correctly." Even now, as an adult, I suck at it. There will always be dishes that didn't fit in the washer and are left, wayward, in the sink. However, the Dingo can get everything in there with very little foul language involved. Tonight, I stood holding a plate telling him I don't think it will fit. Response; Oh! It WILL fit. So he proceeded to reload the washer and fit everything in. I'm convinced this is some male gene, possibly to make up for the lack of listening skills. My test proved true:

Doodle: I think men have a special dishwashing gene. You can't listen at all but you can load a dishwasher like it's an olympic sport.
Dingo: Huh?

Tonight I made enchiladas to celebrate cinco de mayo. In my opinion, if I want to eat at a mexican restaurant I will choose to do it on any other day than when the rest of the world decides it's a great idea. When I make enchiladas I follow the directions on the can of enchilada sauce. My secret is that I add in another step and cook the ground beef with taco seasoning also. I thought unseasoned ground beef sounded icky so I threw in some spice and it is really good.

As earlier promised here is the picture of the butt in bowl guinea pig I fell in love with. I'm losing steam on campaign I Need a Rodent after a $60 visit to the vet Monday with doggie Arleen (she is fine).

I still do think we were made for each other. (I don't stick my butt in my food, just FYI.)


No comments:

Post a Comment