Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I Laugh at My Own Jokes/Stupidity

I really want to tell y'all a story about work today but that is slippery ground. So I will only tell you the part that involved me.

To begin, I have no idea how to work my new desk phone. That makes me sound like an idiot, I know. But there are all sorts of buttons and commands and I never answer my phone so I have no practice. So today, when I ended up on an impromptu conference call at my desk, it was a mess. I accidentally hung up on the people at one point. So, when my coworker had to step away to test something I was afraid to put the call on hold because I didn't know how to get it back off hold (I swear, I really do have a normal IQ). While I waited I continued a conversation I was having on IM. One that suddenly involved the term "swamp ass" (said by me). Obviously I am still 14 years old and busted out laughing....and couldn't stop...with two people holding on speaker phone right in front of my face. It got to the point that I had to get up from my desk and walk into MC's cube just so they wouldn't hear me. Yeah, I'm a professional. And a grown up. All in all, combined with the fact that I kept correcting myself, the people on the other end of the line probably think there is something wrong with me. And they would be correct.

Moving on. I cooked pesto and cream cheese stuffed chicken breasts for dinner tonight. Sounds impressive right? Thanks! It's not. It's actually really easy and a low fat recipe (low fat cream cheese). I got it off foodnetwork.com. Email me if you want a link. It's an excellent recipe. Kind of a lot of clean-up but otherwise super simple.

Tomorrow the goal is to schedule a hair appointment. Some sucker super chopped off my hair a while back and I have been scared of hair cuts since. I get it trimmed but no style. It's time to venture into the scary place. Kind of excited about it too. Oh, the little things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment