Monday, May 24, 2010

Trash or Treasure

The Dingo is out running an errand for most of the evening so that threw a wrench in our normal dinner schedule. Normal dinner schedule? When did I turn 60?! But I digress. Luckily we still have plenty of junk leftover from Fresh Market yesterday. So we are just going to have cheese, crackers, sausage and olives. This is by no means a healthy, balanced meal but mmmm it's good. This is what my parents refer to as eating trash. I disagree. Cheese? Um TREASURE! More importantly, baked brie with honey? Golden. I have some sundried tomatoes. That balances it out right?

The problem is that the Dingo still isn't home and all these snacky foods are really tempting to pick at. And man, I have been picking. I've been wandering around the house and every time I pass the refrigerator I stop in for a bite of something. At this point I think I have eaten an entire dinner serving just by passing the fridge. And, full discloser, we have a lot of cheese here. A lot even for me. When I went to pick up doggy Arleen this afternoon my mom gave me the leftovers from a wedding shower she threw yesterday. This added gouda, havarti, cheddar and brie to the huge chunk of St. Albre already in a fridge. Woh! And to top that off, the brie that she gave me isn't just a normal wedge. I was going to show you a picture but it won't upload for some reason. Suffice to say the sucker is the size of my laptop keyboard. It has occurred to me to take some of it to work and share but it's going to take the cheese hoarder in me a day or so to come to that sharing place.

Until then I am being innovative. I am going to pack the Dingo and I each a picnic-style lunch for tomorrow. Cheese, crackers, some grapes, an apple and sundried tomoatoes (only for me on that one, the Dingo hates them). I think that sounds lovely.

Wow, I just checked facebook and there were like 10 statuses about people running or working out and I just spent my evening writing a blog post about eating cheese. Something may need to change here. But it won't. Me? Work out? You're funny.

In other news, the sky opened up over Memphis again today, dumping tons of water and hail. There is a drainage problem in the yard outside The Company's building so it turned into a lake and flooded the front parking lot. That sucks for the people who deal with the property but it made for an interesting distraction on a Monday. It's always entertaining to go into my bosses office to ask him a question and am met with, "look at the parking lot!" It's interesting to see people pulling out of the parking lot through all the water when they could go out the other side that is higher ground. Hey, it's your car, do with it what you will.

Ok, I'm off to pack our Tuesday work picnics. Later taters. Stay dry!

P.S. It has come to my attention that a friend generally reads my blog in the morning. So, good morning MC! I'll be asking you to clock me in in the next few minutes. Go ahead and get that timeclock ready ;) Loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment