Thursday, May 13, 2010

Stop Changing the Channel!

I've mentioned before that the Dingo has a much more strenuous job than I do. I quietly sit at a desk and stare at a computer most of the day. I think I spend more time with Microsoft Office than I do with my loved ones. He, however, is on his feet for a lot of the day or arguing with a client on the phone. Therefore he is often tired when he gets home at night and will fall asleep on the couch until dinner is ready (lucky dude right?). But not before he changes the channel on the tv. This makes me NUTS.

Granted, I am usually sitting here staring at my computer with the TV fully out of my line of vision when he gets home. That doesn't mean I'm not sorta kinda listening to the Food Network, my default channel. But he will walk in the door, change the channel and promptly dose off. Ugh!! He isn't being disrespectful or anything like that, he just assumes that if I'm not looking at the TV I'm not watching. Crazy person! So, I just wait the few minutes it takes for his eyes to close and get up and change it back. This is one of those silly, Doodle you had to walk a whole three feet and change the channel back, you are so unfortunate, occurances that's going to put me in a padded room. I know, I'm so mistreated.

The Memphis in May BBQ Festival is going on. That's not actually the official name but you're lucky I called it more than BBQ Fest. We are trying to decide if we are going to go this year. A friend called last week and asked if he could come up from Mississippi and go to the festival with us. But, typical of Memphis in May, it's supposed to be storming. Storming! Not just raining. And Tom Lee park will turn into a mud pit. So the Dingo is tasked with calling that friend tonight and letting him know that, while we would love to have him visit, we aren't promising any muddy adventures. I hope he still comes in town for two reasons. First, he is a great friend and I adore him. Second, he mentioned to the Dingo that he would really like to go eat at Itta Bena which provides a great excuse to go out for a nice dinner.

Well, the Dingo is conked out and the Food Network is back on but now I must tackle what's for dinner. I have a goal to find the video inspiration for why I call the Dingo the Dingo since many people don't have episodes of Seinfeld memorized like we do. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment