Friday, May 7, 2010

I'm a Grown Up!

No, really I'm not a grown up. Or at least I don't act like it. Today proved that.

There is a cardinal rule in blogging and it is don't write about work. I'm going to follow that rule by being vague about where I work and who I work with. But I feel the need to share about my day. I decided to attending a training class for one of the products the Company produces. I figured I should actually see how one of the things I market works. It quickly became apparent that nothing has changed since high school or college. I was the bad kid in class.

I sat next to a co-worker that cracks me up and who is also very easily cracked up, in the back of the class (of course). The thing is, he is a loud laugher. So it became extremely obvious that we weren't entirely focused and instead playing the part of the peanut gallery. Who knew that two professionals in their late 20's would hear the sentence "do I need to separate y'all?" by the class teacher? There was even a threat of an apple being thrown at us if we didn't shut up.

This is so typical of me. I've always been the bad kid in class. I spent most of my afternoons in high school in detention. Always for talking and cracking jokes. In college they don't have detention so I was just known as the smart ass. I think teachers were happy with the amount of classes I skipped. The instructor generally holds the least of my concentration. I'm always looking at what everyone around me is doing and feel the need to share my observations with the person next to me. I think you would categorize this as ADD if I wasn't so lazy and sleepy all the time. I guess it's just bad behavior. But it sure is fun.

Either way it was a fun day. And I think I kept everyone awake. There was actually something I am totally not use to. When people got sleepy or restless in class they stood up and walked to the back of the room and watched the class standing in the back. I've never seen people do that before but it was received as totally normal. It makes sense I guess. It is harder to fall asleep standing up. Innovation! (Note: Teacher and class weren't boring at all but everyone gets groggy sitting for hours on end listening to someone talk.)

Anyway, no walk for Arleen and I today. It looks like a creepy spring storm is rolling into town and I don't want to get stuck in it in white pants. The pants could use a good drench though. I just noticed bbq sauce on my arm from lunch which can lead you to assume what it looks like when I eat. I'm sure there is something somewhere on my lily white jeans. I'm waiting for the Dingo to get home and help figure out what is on the menu for tonight. Hopefully it involves pizza from down the street and not my stove. We shall see.


No comments:

Post a Comment