Wednesday, May 12, 2010

It's a Lovely Day

It's so nice outside right now. That means...the Dingo is grilling again! Woohooo. We are having bbq chicken. The chicken breasts I got today are massive. So I picked up some celery and onion too. I make bbq chicken salad with the leftovers. The Dingo isn't a big fan of mayo so I just combine some celery, onion, a little mayo and some more bbq sauce to thin it out. We are Memphians after all, we put bbq in everything.

This being said, I should share the sauce we use because in all my years in this city I thought I had tried every sauce there is. That was until I found Barzi. We get the spicy kind and it's wonderful.

http://www.barzi.com/


Both of us hold the belief that if it doesn't taste spicy, it doesn't taste. And Barzi definitely has a bite. We have an entire gallon bottle in the fridge. I would totally suggest a try if you have never had it. Not on ribs though. Are you crazy? Sauce doesn't go on ribs! For that we use Hog Wild (when we can find it).

Let's see, what else? Oh! We watched the movie Kick Ass last night. Totally not what I was expecting but pretty cool. There was one crass but well-timed line spoken by the 11 year old character that made me love it. Due to the conservative nature of the company I work for (and I know they will someday find this blog) and the delicate sensibilities of my southern family I will not repeat said line here. I will say that the little purple-haired girl says it right before she shoots a camera. This way my mother won't send me an email saying, "Doodle! Language!"

I've abandoned the I Need a Rodent Campaign for a while. I'm now on to I Need This for My Birthday Campaign over a necklace I found with the first letter of what will soon be my last name on it. I lost the link and will post it as soon as I find it again. Hopefully dummy Dingo saved the link and knows EXACTLY where to find that sucker come June. At least I know he can always find the Coach store and a purse would be a suitable replacement. DINGO I AM TALKING TO YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment