Friday, August 6, 2010

I Have Issues

Among many issues I have (I'm a bit OCD), I am currently focusing on my food issues. I think I have mentioned my eating diet here before. It's my first step in the wedding diet. The goal of the diet is to eat at least three balanced meals a day. Not just a bag of chips and then whatever I cook for dinner.

Now, I must explain,I do not have an eating disorder. In fact, I believe I have less body issues than a lot of people. I want to be fitter and healthier but I don't think I am "fat." I've always been a bit taller than a lot of my good friends and therefore weighed a good bit more. So when I compared my weight to their's it threw me into oh my god I am a giant panic attacks. One day I decided to never know how much I weigh unless I'm at the doctor. I go by my mom's rule; if your underwear starts getting to tight it's time to do something. It works for me and I am comfortable with myself until I'm uncomfortable. As in, thighs rubbing together uncomfortable. That being said, please no one misconstrue my "eating diet." I'm just trying to get healthy.

My problem is that I don't really ever have much of an appetite. Or taste for food. There is rarely any food that I say, yes! that would exactly hit the spot. I like to snack on pickles, smoked almonds and eat ramen noodles more than I would like to admit. This just leaves me without a balanced diet and bloated. That's why I am always bugging the Dingo to decide what is for dinner, I'm not craving anything. So, I grew up a tinsy tiny bit and admitted to myself that being my ideal body shape at our wedding has to first involve me getting healthy. My dad has spent the better part of my life saying "You have to eat something. You'll feel better if you eat something." And he is right, I do feel better when I eat.

I'm doing ok so far but it's going to be a long road. I've been drinking a glass of low sodium V8 and eating a banana in the morning. I am working on lunch since it's my least favorite meal. The Dingo is trying to lose weight so I've been cooking lean meats and laying low on the butter in veggies for dinner. I know that if I eat more often I will feel hungry more often and generally feel better. I can do this.

Tonight I also bought some cracked pepper and olive oil Triscuits because I keep reading about them on Eats for a Merry Life. I think I read her blog to inspire me to eat and eat better. I'm hoping the Triscuits will be a healthy in-between snack. We shall see.

Say yeah, this is a really lame post. No lambs heads or Canadian car parts but it's what's on my mind. All this having been said, I just ordered a turkey sub from Tuckers. I guess today has been a step forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment