Sunday, August 22, 2010

PINECONES!

I have begun to fear for the Dingo's sanity and, in turn, my own. You see, he has been walking around the house lately argily repeating, "Pinecones! More pinecones, I have to pick up the pinecones!"

We are having major grass issues in our front yard. When we bought the house the whole front hill was ivy. Last fall we had it all pulled up and the Dingo planted grass. The grass grew and looked lovely...until about two months ago when it began to quickly die. Thinking it had to do with the horrible heat we (by that I mean the Dingo, are you kidding? I don't do anything with the yard) procrastinated in doing anything about it. Now it looks like someone set our front yard on fire. So, last weekend the Dingo went to Lowes and bought some kind of super great (expensive) grass seed and put it in the front yard. The Dingo is crazy excited about his grass. You know that phrase, it's as exciting as watching grass grow? Well, the sarcasm is lost on the Dingo as he often steps out front to look for any sign of growth.

If that doesn't lean you towards believing he may be a bit off, here is where the PINECONES come in (sorry, PINECONE is no longer a lower-case word in this household). Also in our front yard is a giant, huge, old pinetree. You saw that coming right? And it keeps dropping huge amounts of PINECONES on the front yard. I mean, three trash bags full in just a few days. How do I know how many trash bags they fill? Because the Dingo has to pick them all up. Turns out the PH in the pinecones (I'll stop with the caps, I think you got the point) will do something bad to the growth of his super great grass. So, I wake up most mornings to him screaming "There is more! There are MORE PINECONES." The other day he asked me what I thought the neighbors would say if they saw that tree in flames and him dancing around in the front yard. See? Fear for insanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment