Saturday, August 14, 2010

Oh the Noise!

So the Dingo is playing My Two Dads today. Well, not really, but kinda.

Our good friend came in town today with his three BEAUTIFUL children to take them to Incredible Pizza. He called to invite the Dingo and I to come along. Realizing that I will, some day in my life, be required to attend these child filled crazytowns I declined but the Dingo agreed.

The clan showed up at our house this afternoon to pick up the Dingo. And oh my, Hell broke loose! The kids saw the doggy Arleen and went NUTS. Our house is set up just right so that you can literally run laps through the main part of it. There is a nice track from the den to the kitchen to the dining room to the foyer and back into the den. Repeat. Screeching. While my fat ass dog lumbers along behind them. It was hilarious...until the squeaky toy was discovered. That sound is not as cute as the sound of happy children.

Based on a mid-outing check in, the Dingo took the oldest kid while daddy took the little ones. I think he was probably a God send for daddy. And I think he really had fun.

So the Dingo and clan are back at the house, four hours later. The squeaky toys are hidden. The kids and doggy Arleen are completely worn out. The clan has decided to stay in town for the night so I am now hanging out with T (dad) and the Dingo while entertaining three little ones (two really, little one is asleep). Our massive collection of gaming systems and stuffed animals is proving useful as we sit around and watch the seven year old play the Wii and his little sister roll around the floor with my giant stuffed elephant. Who knew the Dingo Doodle home was kid friendly? I suppose our status as adult children comes in handy now and then. Oh, what the future holds for us.

So, I'm off to entertain little girl as the men are totally in to big boy's Wii game. If this post is totally nonsensical it's because there have been children, daddy and the Dingo constantly distracting me. How do mommy bloggers do this? (Help)

No comments:

Post a Comment