Monday, April 12, 2010

Fried Chicken and Mashed Potatoes

I wasn't originally planning on posting tonight. However, the washing machine is flooding AGAIN so the Dingo is downstairs attempting to remedy that which means I am bored.

Over the weekend I was a cooking machine. I made ribs, egg & olive salad, lamb, mashed potatoes and hummus. So tonight we had this...Every night I come home and ask the Dingo what he wants for dinner and every night (mostly just to annoy me) he says fried chicken and mashed potatoes. Well, tonight he got his wish. I prefer Popeye's but there isn't one around here so we settle for Church's. I guess a healthy (?) dose of fat and grease is good now and again. I certainly didn't feel much like cooking.

News flash: I just came back from being downstairs talking to the Dingo who was under the house. A pipe that connects to both the sink and the washing machine has a hole in it. This is not good news. It does, however, explain why our house has been smelling musty the last week or so. He is currently on the phone with someone asking if they know how to fix it. Lucky for us we have great, talented friends that have done everything from help fix our air ducts to fixing my car. So hopefully this will remain true when it comes to pipes. Fingers crossed.

Anyway, I hate the purse I recently bought. HATE. I have been using it to avoid more scorn from the Dingo who was pissed I bought it in the first place. Whatever. I give up. It's ugly. I think I may go back to the Coach that I love. The problem is, in effort to organize my craziness, the Dingo hung all of my purses in a closet, requiring me to lift the hanger bar up and dig through levels of purses to get to the one I want. Ugly purse, you have found reprieve. Cherish it while it lasts.

In other news, the Dingo installed Office on my computer tonight. I guess that means it's time to start making this wedding guest list official. Blah. Am I the total anti-bride? Why can't I just show up a year from now and the wedding and reception just happen? Also, is it impossible to find a simple dress?! I have only looked online so far but everything is lace and glitter. I just want something plain. The jewelry will bring the glitter. Maybe I will finally try on some dresses this weekend and be more hopeful. I also have got to start looking into caterers. Ugh. My mom is totally pumped about food tasting. Good. She and L can taste cakes. I hate cake. Give me cheese or give me death.

News update: The Dingo is staying home tomorrow to get a plumber. This doesn't sound good. I've heard the phrases "lake under my house," "water is shooting out," and "Nik this isn't good." All littered with some key four letter words. Ah oh. Looks like going into the purse archives will be necessary if I want to have something I like. Super.

And to brighten your Monday (Tuesday?) here is the thing snoring on the floor next to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment