Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I helped!

I'm sitting down to write this a little early tonight. That would be because tonight's dinner is what I like to call Easiest Thing Ever. We are having Shake N Bake and mac and cheese. I always wrote off Shake n Bake because I thought, hell, I can season bread crumbs! But in a moment of just needing to get something on the table and being tired I bought the mix. And it's actually really good and doesn't involve eggs or milk for the dredge so there is minimal clean up. Win! I'm also making mac and cheese out of the box. I usually try to cook everything from scratch but I've always preferred the blue box to homemade. Plus, rue and I have a very rocky relationship. Maybe I'm impatient or it's one of those "easy" basics that gets me every time. Want me to make up a pasta sauce based on what I have in the pantry? Done. Make a simple rue? Head explosion.

It's been gross out today and I am now hearing thunder through the window next to me. However, it hasn't dampened my desire to start shopping for spring/summer dresses. I am a dress hoarder. I'd wear them every day if I could. The fact that Hoarders is currently on the TV might be the universe (or the Dingo) warning me. I may have an issue with dresses (and shoes, and purses). Old home means tiny closets. The Dingo has been sentenced to the guest room closet. There just isn't enough room.

Alright, the oven is about to buzz that my culinary feat of amazing, magical mystery excellence is ready to eat. Also, every time the Dingo leaves the room his computer starts playing some weird power point screen saver with some awesome 80's elevator music. I'm going to have to figure out what that junk is about and how to put a stop to it. Next spoken sentence will be: DINGO! What the crap is that junk coming out of your computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment