Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sinking

Well, the "lake under the house" death of 2010 turned out to not be that big of a deal. The Dingo had someone come out and fix it today for only $150. Win! The guy noticed another small leak so one of our super talented and always helpful friends (thanks Ubaldo!) came by tonight and helped the Dingo patch it. Lucky for me this meant I couldn't use the sink until they were finished working. That means no cooking. Don't get me wrong, I love to cook but two nights in a row without it was a nice break. I picked up High Point Pizza. One of my favs. Grossly fattening dinner two nights in a row? Yep. I'm not the healthiest eater but this is bad even for me. Tomorrow night we'll be back in routine. And currently all...I mean ALL...of our towels are getting washed. Overflowing washing machines require a lot of towels for clean up. Don't tell doggy Arleen though. She has some sixth sense about when all the towels are clean and manages to dirty them all with one mess or the other. Or both.

I have finally sat down and typed up the wedding guest list. There isn't a single physical address but the entire wedding party has email addresses and phone numbers. I think that is progress. At least that is one thing I've started on. Oh, and I set up a registry. I only registered for two things but, again, progress.

Something I have failed to mention; every day I take Arleen to her granny's house before work and pick her up afterward. Just like a child. I hate the idea of Arly being home alone if she has a seizure. Also, my mom walks her three times a day and caters to her every demand. The dog is spoiled. And now Arly's favorite time of year has arrived. My parents' pool has been uncovered. My dog treats my parents' house like a spa year round but she is crazy diva when the pool is open. She walks in at the stairs in the shallow end and just wades around. She doesn't even use her hind legs. She just paddles around with the front two until she is nice and cool. Then she goes dripping into my parent's kitchen and my mother follows her around mopping up. Hearing about this behavior makes you ask, why does the Dingo get shocked when I am being a demanding brat. Duh. Arleen ran errands with her daddy today and is now snoring on the floor, resting up for her big day of swimming tomorrow.

The season of Glee started tonight. Wheee! Love that show. I'm sure I will be up late waiting for the Dingo to go to sleep so I can watch the DVR. Also, I'm too lazy to schlep the laptop over to the desk so I have been slumped over at a bar stool outside the kitchen working for several hours. I think it's about time to schlep myself over and slump on the couch. The Dingo is watching Pawn Stars. I love that guy's laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment