Monday, April 26, 2010

We May be Cavemen By the Wedding

The Dingo and I have been together for more that eight years. Somewhere in the middle it was pretty evident that we would get married someday. So for about the past four years the statement "we'll register for it" has been said a bazillion times. Picture me yelling; "Dingo this plate says it was oven safe but it broke into pieces and RUINED THE BRIE!" The Dingo's response is to go buy new plates, a lot of them are chipped anyway. My response is "we'll register for it" but what about the BRIE?!

Just now I was trying to use our electric pepper grinder (yeah, we are lazy like that) and it wouldn't work. The Dingo commented that we should just get one of those big, wooden hand grinders. "Well, I have a BB&B coupon, should I go get one or just register for it?" Register for it.

So, slowly things in our home are getting old and breaking. Now that the ring is on my finger and the wedding date set we more than ever say we'll register for it. However, the wedding is a year away. At this rate, by the wedding I am going to be using wooden mallets and cooking over an open flame in the back yard. I hope the Dingo likes canned beans because that is all I know how to cook over a fire, a la bum style.

Speaking of cooking outside, the Dingo is grilling the pork chops I mention in a recent post. I never got around to cooking them so he is outside doing it now. I'm tasked with cooking purple hull peas (or is it blue? I can never remember). This involves boiled water and peas until the Dingo says dinner is ready. Tough job. But it's Monday and I have something called The Rule of Mondays. This means, I hated every part of the day, I want to go back to bed, if you want something get it your damn self or I will feed your feet to the raccoons in the trees behind our house. He is lucky to be alive and grilling.

I continue my campaign to own a rodent. The Dingo is apposed. But I saw the cutest guinea pig at pet co yesterday. He had his butt in one food bowl and his face in the other. Now that is an animal meant for me. They also have GP carriers! I could totally tote him around like a tiny dog. I take doggy Arleen with me just about everywhere but her 119 pound boo-honk is kind of hard to fit in a carrier. I'm sure she would totally dig it if I could though (yeah, she is lazy like that too). I took pictures, I'll post them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment